General Discussion Community for All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Personal Care & Service Jobs

3 posters

Go down

Personal Care & Service Jobs Empty Personal Care & Service Jobs

Post by jortigas Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:32 am

There are a lot of personal care and service jobs being offered today. Among the personal care and service jobs that you can choose from are caregiver jobs, massage jobs, nail technicians, cosmetologists, fashion stylist, maid, personal shopper, personal coach, barber, manicurist, nanny and many more.

One of the most in demand personal care and service jobs are the caregivers. Caregivers are people who usually assist older and impaired persons in doing their routines and attending their needs. Among their responsibilities are to assist their clients with their physical health like exercise, walking and other physical activities. They also assist in the cognitive development of their clients. They also perform tasks that ensure proper nutrition of their clients including personal care like bathing. Housekeeping is also one of the personal care and service jobs assigned to caregivers. There are varieties of tasks in housekeeping that are being given to caregivers since older people can no longer do this. Older people are also being assisted by caregivers to anywhere they go for security and to accompany. Filling emotional needs are also one of the caregiver’s tasks. Conversing with them and providing them emotional support are important for the older people. The rate of caregivers depends on their qualifications and experience. With the increasing number of older people and the level of health consciousness among people, the demand for caregivers will continue to rise.

Another type of personal care and service jobs that are in demand is the massage therapists. There are different kinds of massage therapists. They provide therapy, relaxation, stress relief and other techniques that can provide positive effect to the health of the clients. Some are into spa massage, sports, muscular, neuromuscular, and prenatal and many more. Spa massage provides mostly relaxation to clients that go to a spa facility. They offer shiatsu, Swedish or other kinds of massage techniques that can relax the mind and the body of the clients. Sports massage is also another kind of massage therapy included in the personal care and service jobs. This is usually given to clients who engage in sports that needs rehabilitation and other ways that can help a client perform well in his field of sports. There is also massage for pregnant women and we call it the prenatal massage. This massage aid the pregnant woman in the physical changes that occurs on her body and what she may feel. They give massage that will relieve discomfort to pregnant women. It also reduces stress of pregnant women and relaxes their minds and body. These require care and experience as this could alter the situation of pregnant women. Massage therapists are being paid well depending on their expertise and their level of experience.

Personal care and service jobs are getting in demand because of different factors that leads people in getting a personal service. People now need more relaxation and remedy to get themselves out of problems and stress and that’s where personal care and service jobs come in.

jortigas
Consultant
Consultant

My mood : Personal Care & Service Jobs Th_hap10

Location Location : Philippines

http://alljobsandcareer.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Personal Care & Service Jobs Empty Re: Personal Care & Service Jobs

Post by cymbalta Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:18 pm

my heart goes out to people that do persinal care.

my nan is 89, and with out assistance, who knows where she'd be now.

cymbalta
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Location Location : far from happyness

http://sweet-damage.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzler Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:39 pm

Really? Hope she's doing okay. I never had a nanny because my mom, dad, and my grandma took care of me. I do have high respect to those who are in the personal care and service job because it takes a lot of patience and dedication to be successful in this field. I want to have my own salon someday. I just love making people look good and feel good Smile. That will be a dream come true!
Dazzler
Dazzler
Administrator
Administrator

My mood : Personal Care & Service Jobs Worrie10

Location Location : Fantasia

http://www.dazzlermakeupandbeautyblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by cymbalta Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:04 pm

wow... let's hope you get it!

Smile

it makes me happy when people get to do something they've always wanted to.

my nan's fine, we celebrated her birthday a few weeks ago.

Smile

she's in a home now, so she's much closer to my house (so that means i can see her more!)

she's a wonderful person

cymbalta
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzler Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:42 pm

Thanks cym, I hope I get it too. It has been my dream because I just like grooming people. Do you see your nan often now? I bet your family really love her Smile
Dazzler
Dazzler
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by cymbalta Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:25 am

i see her more often, though still not as often as i'd like.

she lives about 5 minits from my house now

before, she lived about an hour away

cymbalta
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzler Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:04 am

Good to hear that she is closer to you know. I'm sure she's very happy every time you and your family visit her Very Happy
Dazzler
Dazzler
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down