General Discussion Community for All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tuna-Melt Casserole

Go down

Tuna-Melt Casserole Empty Tuna-Melt Casserole

Post by Dazzler Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:06 am

Are you a big fan of tuna melt casserole as I am? Try this recipe and you will enjoy it more! I got this recipe from delish.com

Ingredients

1 package(s) (16 ounces) corkscrew pasta, substitute medium shell pasta
3 cup(s) broccoli flowerets
2 tablespoon(s) margarine, substitute butter
2 tablespoon(s) all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon(s) salt
1/4 teaspoon(s) ground black pepper
4 cup(s) (2 percent) reduced-fat milk
1 cup(s) (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
1 can(s) (12 ounces) chunk light tuna in water, drained and flaked
2 medium tomatoes, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices

Directions

1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In large saucepot, cook pasta in boiling salted water 5 minutes; add broccoli to pasta and cook another 5 minutes or until broccoli is tender and pasta is al dente. Drain well and return to saucepot; set aside.

2) Meanwhile, in 3-quart saucepan, melt margarine or butter over low heat. Stir in flour, salt, and pepper until blended and cook, stirring, 1 minute.

4) Gradually stir in milk; increase heat to medium-high and cook, stirring occasionally, until mixture thickens and boils. Boil 1 minute, stirring frequently. Remove saucepan from heat and stir in 1/2 cup cheese until blended.

5) Add cheese sauce and tuna to pasta and broccoli in saucepot; toss until evenly mixed. Transfer mixture to shallow 3 1/2-quart casserole or 13-inch by 9-inch glass baking dish. Arrange tomato slices on top, overlapping if necessary. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese.

6) Cover baking dish with foil and bake 20 minutes or until hot and bubbly.

Here is the nutritional information for you dieters Very Happy

Nutritional Information (per serving)

Calories 570
Total Fat 14g
Saturated Fat 6g
Cholesterol 29mg
Sodium 755mg
Total Carbohydrate 71g
Dietary Fiber 5g
Sugars --
Protein 39g
Calcium --

I know 570 calories is too much but check out the fiber content at 5g which is absolutely good for the body. Actually 570 calories isn't that bad for a main course. You can have half you really think it's too much though Very Happy
Dazzler
Dazzler
Administrator
Administrator

My mood : Tuna-Melt Casserole Worrie10

Location Location : Fantasia

http://www.dazzlermakeupandbeautyblog.com

Back to top Go down