General Discussion Community for All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Whats your thoughts?

5 posters

Go down

Whats your thoughts? Empty Whats your thoughts?

Post by Crazy-Person-Here Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:05 pm

I have just heared that limewire got closed down after 4 years of taking them to court.

What is your thought on this?

1 Did they do the right thing by closing it down?
2. Should the RIAA Keep going on closing down other sites like Limewire?

Crazy-Person-Here

My mood : Whats your thoughts? Th_hap10

Location Location : scotland

http://www.thecrazyads.com

Back to top Go down

Whats your thoughts? Empty Re: Whats your thoughts?

Post by kaynil Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:43 pm

My set of believes are probably not those of many, but I think only when you make profit out of it you should be prosecuted, but not just for sharing, before the boom in technology with Cds, we would shamelessly make a copy of something we bought to give it to a friend, and not feel bad about because there was no such pressure from the media.

That said, I like Cds, but I know the price of blanks ones and I have seen how the quality has decreased while the price increased, yet the companies expect us to buy by putting us on guilt trips without even trying to more rational about their prices or work.

Years ago I'll buy a Cd with 20 songs, a sheet of lyrics and information, today most cds are less than ten songs just a cover page and that's it. Hand over the 25 bucks, of course if they add images is an special, or throw a DVD with two song videos and double the price.

I don't like the idea of buying pirate Cds, but sadly with how simple are the Cds I can go out and get a CD with the cover and the nine songs as good as the original for ten times less its price.

Share in the internet was all right, but as usual some people clings from the holes to get all they can from it. When i like something, even if I saw it on the computer, I plan to get it original, movies, music, video games... but it may take sometime, for example there are some Mexican music I want and I can't get from Australia.

Then there been some exaggerated measures, for example the Wii in one of their systems updates prevents its system to read Japanese games. You'd think this is to stop piracy, however people that plays those japanese games in America, most of the time Paid for the game and shipments because they couldn't handle to wait for its American official release, The people that play clean gets sweep among the rest and heartbroken.

Anyway back to limeware, I suppose it is for the better, so long they allow us to have a place to see them online, an alternative that moves with the times. Sharing should be left for MSN or that kind of I know you kind of thing. But that should stop us from learning from groups and movies other way we had no way to access.
kaynil
kaynil

My mood : Whats your thoughts? Th_ok10

http://roczuz.omgforum.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Austin01 Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:20 am

Though I have never used LimeWire I hear that you majorly get viruses from the content you download. Also it is illegal to download anything, in a way you are stealing from the creator of the music/content(even though there rich enough Razz). You can't stop it, it's the 21st century, those sites will still be created and RIAA is wasting money trying to shut them down.

Austin01

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzler Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:49 pm

I have personally used Limewire. It's been awhile since I last used limewire so I was surprised to hear that they were shut down. I think it's okay if it's only for personal use and not for money making purposes. I think they should lower the cost of DVDs/CDs and downloads to discourage piracy. The reason why people go to Limewire is to save on cost. Who doesn't want to listen the latest songs for free anyway? If it's cheap and we can afford it, there's no reason why people shouldn't buy the original.
Dazzler
Dazzler
Administrator
Administrator

My mood : Whats your thoughts? Worrie10

Location Location : Fantasia

http://www.dazzlermakeupandbeautyblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by cymbalta Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:18 pm

totally with austin.

i've not used limewire either, nor would i say i download much in general, but i do think that closing it down has held up the progress for the future of music

cymbalta
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Location Location : far from happyness

http://sweet-damage.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzler Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:51 pm

That's right, however, I still think that the prices of original songs are a little expensive so if they can lower it a bit and make it more practical, it will pave the way to a very successful music industry
Dazzler
Dazzler
Administrator
Administrator

My mood : Whats your thoughts? Worrie10

Location Location : Fantasia

http://www.dazzlermakeupandbeautyblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum