General Discussion Community for All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's the Best Facial Moisturizer For You?

4 posters

Go down

What's the Best Facial Moisturizer For You? Empty What's the Best Facial Moisturizer For You?

Post by arwensvoice Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:20 am

I was introduced to moisturizers by my friend Admin Wink. I used to just wash my face and put on powder. There were a lot of breakouts until such time that I just became indifferent of them. Then I met Admin, and I just couldn't take my eyes off her face. She told me about her beauty regimen - wash face, moisturize, moisturize (originally), and now: wash face, tone face, moisturize, moisturize. Day moisturizers, she said should have SPF 15 or more to protect you from sun damage.

Since then I've tried several moisturizers:L'oreal, Ponds, Garnier and Olay. Right now, I'm using Olay with SPF 20 whitening. But it's not working that good because I'm 2 months pregnant. My hormonal levels are overshooting and I think my face is taking the toll. Sad With it, I'm using Olay age-defying facial scrub (for daily use as there are facial scrubs that need to be used only once a week). I still have break outs though. When these hormones return to normal, I think I might need to change my moisturizer again.

How about you? What's the best facial moisturizer for you?[justify]
arwensvoice
arwensvoice
General Chat Staff
General Chat Staff

My mood : What's the Best Facial Moisturizer For You? Th_hap10

Back to top Go down

What's the Best Facial Moisturizer For You? Empty Re: What's the Best Facial Moisturizer For You?

Post by Dazzler Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:26 am

lol! You have to try Loreal Pure Zone Arwen! I have told you before and I am telling you again that it really works Very Happy. However, I'm not so sure if that is what's best for you as of the moment because you're pregnant. I have been using Loreal Pure Zone for 6 months and I only have occasional breakouts. It does treat the skin from the heart of the pores so most of the time my face is free from imperfections. Olay should work okay, although I have not tried it because I have been with Loreal for quite awhile, but my other friends have good words about it. My skin is not responding well on Garnier since my last face emergency when it caused me plenty of pimple like breakouts that were just horrible. I thought I was doomed and could never see my face blemish free again. Now I have to say that even the red marks from that skin emergency is fading and I don't have whiteheads on the most common areas anymore Very Happy. I'm sure you'll find the best facial lotion for you Arwen. You just have to keep trying until you find your perfect fit. Try on small packaging first so it's easy on the budget Very Happy
Dazzler
Dazzler
Administrator
Administrator

My mood : What's the Best Facial Moisturizer For You? Worrie10

Location Location : Fantasia

http://www.dazzlermakeupandbeautyblog.com

Back to top Go down

What's the Best Facial Moisturizer For You? Empty Re: What's the Best Facial Moisturizer For You?

Post by mikaela Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:35 am

I use anew from avon. The price range is same as Loreal and Olay but I have noticed a great improvement on my skin. My friends say that I look younger now because my skin is healthy. I have had problems with acne and breakouts before. I'm glad that I have found the best one for me. In the past I have troubles finding the best cosmetics for my face because it's quite sensitive. Maybe you can try an organic face wash and moisturizer. The body shop has vitamin e facial line that is great even for sensitive skin because they use organic ingredients. It's more expensive but I bet you can see a difference on your skin. Hope this helps arwen Very Happy
mikaela
mikaela

My mood : What's the Best Facial Moisturizer For You? Th_coo10

Back to top Go down

Post by arwensvoice Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:00 am

Thanks Mikaela! I'll definitely visit the Body shop and look at their Vitamin E line. I think I saw my sister in law using that line when she was home last September. I was thinking of using Anew five months ago, but I was hesitant because it might be too harsh on my skin.
As for the L'Oreal Pure Zone, Admin, you know I can't afford to buy everything in their line yet. But I can't wait to meet with you so I can see your new face (though I doubt if it ever changed - it's still good I'm quite sure). It's been a while since we've seen each other. hehe
arwensvoice
arwensvoice
General Chat Staff
General Chat Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzler Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:39 pm

Hahaha! I don't think it changed although I think it's fairer and I have lesser marks. I use very little makeup now because it's healthier Very Happy. No need for a heavy foundation anymore arwen.
Dazzler
Dazzler
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by belle Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:02 am

I love The Body Shop. I use their products and I never had any problems at all. It's more expensive than the regular moisturizers you can buy at the drugstores but it's worth it. I use their body butter and lip and cheek stain too. And yes they use organic ingredients so it should be safe.
belle
belle

Location Location : Australia

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzler Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:08 am

Body Shop products are really good and yes they are more expensive than regular brands. I like vitamin e cleanser and toner from body shop. In fact it's one of my most favorite moisturizers. I have to say that you can never be too sure that just because a product is using organic ingredients, you are safe from allergies. The best thing is to try it our first. You can walk in to their shop and ask for a sample so you can do a skin test and see what happens. Spending much for a cosmetics is really not a waste of money because of you have a good skin, all the money is worth it and you need less makeup Very Happy
Dazzler
Dazzler
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down