General Discussion Community for All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Love at First Sight?

4 posters

Go down

Love at First Sight? Empty Love at First Sight?

Post by jortigas Sun May 23, 2010 3:53 pm

Do you believe in love at first sight? Brain activity study shows that it’s possible but we are free to believe or not to believe. Many people claimed that it happened to them but psychologists say love at first sight depends on your psychological state at that moment like when you are willing to fall in love and you are searching for other qualities to complete you so when you see someone that fill up all the categories.

We have seen in happened in movies; we have read it in books. Love at first sight happens in a split second the moment you meet or saw someone that caught your attention. You are instantly attracted to the person’s physical aspect; body, skin, eyes, smell, and then your emotions take over. You feel excited by the intense connection and make you feel like you are in love. You start to think that you met your soul mate, your destined lover, the love of your life. You start living in a fairy tale and you believe in your gut that you finally found your one true love. It sounds too good to be true but can it actually happened?

There are some who believes that it happens and there are some who think it was lust or passion other than love while others do not want to waste their time thinking about it. How will you know if you felt love on your first meeting? If the first thing that came to your mind was the person’s physical qualities and your sexual desires, then what you probably felt then was not love. But if you felt an emotional connection and had the desire to know the person on a deeper level then there is a good chance that your instant attraction will develop into love. There is more to love than just physical attraction. If you notice the person other than their appearance then what you felt might be love. Remember that love grows overtime. You share good and bad experiences, accept their flaws, support their interest, understand your differences, and fulfill each other’s needs.

Most relationships starts with physical attraction but not all of them have lasted. After they got to know each other, they realized there is no chemistry between them. There is nothing that connects them emotionally, only physical. They have too many differences and later conclude that they are not compatible. Don’t let instant desire fool you into thinking that it was love. As romantic as it may sound, you may just be blinded by your emotion so be careful who you give your heart to.

jortigas
Consultant
Consultant

My mood : Love at First Sight? Th_hap10

Location Location : Philippines

http://alljobsandcareer.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Love at First Sight? Empty Re: Love at First Sight?

Post by mikaela Tue May 25, 2010 12:10 am

I don't really believe in love at first sight. Attraction is very possible at first sight but I don't know about love because it's just so complex. Love comes with responsibility, commitment, patience, and a lot of understanding. There are plenty of adjustments between parties and if you are not compatible, that attraction isn't enough. Love means sometimes having to give up something you really enjoy, like freedom. And most of the breakup now is caused by either differences or not wanting to give up that liberty.
mikaela
mikaela

My mood : Love at First Sight? Th_coo10

Back to top Go down

Post by kaynil Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:58 pm

I believe in infatuation at first sight, but I can on ly call love after I have been able to put the person out of the pedestal and see it as a human being with flaws and disagreements. So for me whether you go together and like each other more and more, simply keep on liking her/him the same after you met them or things didn't work out, it doesn't matter to me.

Love is thrown so easily nowadays, it takes time to get to truly know someone under the skin. While infatuated you feel you both can take the world and feel a lot of things but even after infatuation passes love remains, with its kind waves. The physical is not as important and the nurture of the soul is there, the trust and security of being with your partner, not because you think nothing can go wrong, but because you know that you will try your best together to go through them.
kaynil
kaynil

My mood : Love at First Sight? Th_ok10

http://roczuz.omgforum.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Naiwen Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:57 am

I don't think it exists, at least it fades away after the first days of passion.

Naiwen

My mood : Love at First Sight? Th_hap10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down