General Discussion Community for All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Review of Top Freelance Sites

+2
mikaela
Dazzler
6 posters

Go down

Review of Top Freelance Sites Empty Review of Top Freelance Sites

Post by Dazzler Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:26 pm

Like I promised I will make a review of the top freelance sites that have been making their names in the market now. I was a little busy with work lately and I just had the time to work on it. I am also a freelancer and I started slow and low. It was supposedly a part time work for me since my day job was not enough for my needs. I started looking for work online and found a few freelance sites that offer opportunities to people looking for a part time and even full time work. Here are some of those that I have tried. What I say here is only about what I perceive of these sites and their services. Other freelancers may view them differently.

Guru.com
If you are a graphic artist, a programmer, writer, and have great experience with admin work and SEO this is a great place for you with thousands of projects up for grabs. They have over 500, 000 freelance workers, more than 30,000 employers and businesses looking to hire a cheaper but quality service. It is a very competitive site because there are plenty of freelancers all over the world waiting to work on projects as well. I find their process very tight for security but sometimes an inconvenience because you have go through a lot of processes just to setup a profile.

Elance.com
They cover a wide variety of freelance work from programming, graphic designing, writing, ,marketing, sales, consulting, to admin. Up to date they have 155, 547 workers and 29, 315 jobs posted. Setting up a profile is also tedious. I just think that it takes a very long process to create your resume and take some tests to prove how knowledgeable you are on the field you have chosen. Although I read so many write ups that this is one of the most prestigious work protected sites. Most of the great and professional freelancers are here too that's why many employers come here expecting to hire skillful freelancers.

vCoder.com
Previously known as Rentacoder, vcoder has 2,388 open projects from 141,060 employers. They charge 6.5 to 15% depending on the kind of services you use which is not bad at all. Employers come here expecting to save more but getting the same results from hiring a freelancer. The site also provide tests that you can post to your resume to show how credible you are on your chosen area which is a plus if you are new because you will have a chance of landing a job as long as you have a good credential.

Freelancer.com
Previously getafreelancer.com, has a wide selection of jobs with 1,642,966 freelancers to date. Setting up a profile and creating a resume is very easy. You can say you are good at something you have no clue of doing because they don't provide free proficiency tests. If you want to have an advantage over the other providers, you can pay for a Gold membership which are more preferred by employers. I have tried bidding for a project a couple of times but I just get very cheap projects for the amount of work they require. My friend was ripped off once because the employer stopped communicating and didn't pay him for the work he did. Some freelancers also run away from the job without completing the projects so I guess if you want to be a part of the community, you have to be careful and check the profile of the person you want to work with whether you are an employer or a freelance provider. However, there are also some freelancers who are honest and skillful and can work like professionals in an affordable rate. Just click on the link above to get started.

The On Demand Global Workforce - oDesk
So far this is the only freelance site that I love coming back to. Creating your profile isn't easy but not difficult either. They offer proficiency exams and the site is very easy to navigate even for newbies. The interface is user friendly and your account is very well presented There are plenty of projects for everyone from writing, blogging, SEO, SEM, graphic designing, programming, admin, consulting, virtual assistant, customer and tech support, and sales and marketing. The employers are mostly credible although you can expect some bad apples but very few. They provide information on each employer's profile if they have verified payment so you know that the account isn't bogus. I have had 4 jobs of which 2 are long term work. Fortunately for me, all of my employers are great people and very honest. I am earning 3 times the salary I was earning with my previous stressful job. Freelancing is easier because your time is flexible and you can choose as many projects as you want at the same time as long as you can complete them all with great satisfaction from the client. Who would have thought that working online is going to be this fun and easy. You can check it out and see for yourself to believe it. Setting up your profile is free and if you have a few questions, you can post it here and I will be glad to assist you. Just click on the Odesk link above to get started.

Last edited by Admin on Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:32 pm; edited 5 times in total
Dazzler
Dazzler
Administrator
Administrator

My mood : Review of Top Freelance Sites Worrie10

Location Location : Fantasia

http://www.dazzlermakeupandbeautyblog.com

Back to top Go down

Review of Top Freelance Sites Empty Re: Review of Top Freelance Sites

Post by mikaela Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:33 pm

This is a helpful personal review of the freelance sites that we can go to find a part time work. I haven't had time to view them yet because of my busy work schedule. So far I don't have the need to get a part time job but someday if I want one, I will definitely come and visits these sites you pointed out and tested Very Happy. Thanks Admin!
mikaela
mikaela

My mood : Review of Top Freelance Sites Th_coo10

Back to top Go down

Review of Top Freelance Sites Empty Great info

Post by shyamrathore70 Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:33 am

Really helpful information. I am from India and I have been working on taking online surveys. Another great way to earn few bucks.
Been working with opinionvalue.in
Great site which provides some survey providers.

shyamrathore70

My mood : Review of Top Freelance Sites Th_hap10

Back to top Go down

Post by ruchi1986g Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:13 am

@shyamrathore70
What a coincidence! I've also been using opinionvalue.in I'm glad that I stuck with them.

If anyone is from India, you should really try OpinionValue. Personally, I don't earn a huge amount but it's enough for extra money.

ruchi1986g

Back to top Go down

Post by monicamercy141 Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:56 pm

@monicamercy141 I was searching for a way to earn money online and found this page and your comments through google. Opinionvalue.in seems interesting and their website seems transparent enough. I plan on signing up soon with them but I want to ask for a few tips from you. Can you give me some personal stories about your experience with opinionvalue? Thanks.

monicamercy141

Back to top Go down

Post by alpanasharma1986 Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:00 pm

Hi, I'd also like to suggest ejobsjunction.com. I was referred to that site by a friend who had a bad experience with some other site that I almost signed up with. Anyway, I started to earn a steady amount from them and was very thankful for that friend who had referred me. I suggest you guys try ejobsjunction out if you're from India.

alpanasharma1986

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down